1. Open Outlook Express 5. You should see its icon on your desktop.
2. In Outlook Express, click on the "File" menu, click on "Identities",
then "Add New identity".
3. On the next screen where it says type your name, type in your name or your
new username for Enter.Net and click ok. (This is the name you use to refer to
your second email account.)
4. You will get a screen that says "Do you want to switch now?" click yes. (If
you are online it will ask you if you want to keep the current connection. Click
yes to that also.)
5. On the next screen select "Create a new internet mail account"
and click on next.
6. Where it says "display name" in the box type in your name, your email
address, etc. This can be anything. Click next. (This will let the person
you send an email to who the email is coming from.)
7. On the next screen there should be a black dot next to "I already have an
e-mail address that I'd like to use". In the box next that that type in
your email address and click on next. (Note this is your address at
8. On this screen make sure at the top it says "my incoming mail server is a
pop3 server". Below that were it says "incoming mail" in the box type in
"entermail.net". Also in the box where it says "outgoing mail (SMTP) server"
type in "smtp.enter.net". Then click on next.
9. On the next screen type in your username and your password. Make sure
you type it in all lower case letters with no spaces. Click on next. (If
your not sure what the username and password is, an email was sent to your
regular Enter.Net email account with the information.)
10. Click Finish.
11. On the next screen make sure there is a black dot next to "Do not import
at this time" and click on next.
12. Finally, click finish and your second email account is created.
TIPS FOR USING TWO EMAIL ACCOUNTS
1. Once you have gone through the steps above you have two email addresses
setup. Both email accounts are completely seperate. This includes email,
address books, etc.
2. When you exit the email program, do not click the X in the top
right hand corner - instead, always click on "File" then "Identities"
and click on "logoff".
3. Each time when you go into your email program you will be presented with an
"Identity login" screen. From here all you do is select your email account and click OK.
(Provided that you close the program correctly each time as explained in step 2 above.)
4. If for some reason you don't get the "Identity login" screen when you open
your email program, don't panic! This just means that the person who used
it last didn't close it properly. To switch to your email account, simply
click on "File" and click "Switch identity". From there you can select
your email account like as you would normally.
5. You can password protect your email so that no one can view or use your
email. To do so, follow the steps below.
1. Click on "File" then highlight "Identities" and click on "Manage Identities".
2. On the next screen select the identity you want to password protect and click
3. On this screen, check the box next to "Require a password".
4. On the next screen type in a password and type it in again to confirm it. Then
click OK. (Note: This can be the same password you use to send and receive mail
or it can be different. This password will only be used to get into your mail. If you
forget this password it is unrecoverable so make sure you remember it.)